Shiv Khori shrine receives record 8.33 lakh pilgrims
Reasi: Set amidst Sanger mountain range in Jammu and Kashmir`s Reasi district, Shiv Khori cave shrine has received a record of over 8.33 lakh pilgrims in the first four months this year.
About 8,33,709 pilgrims visited the historic Shiv Khori Shrine Cave till April this year as compared to 5,92,313 pilgrims in the same period last year, registering an increase of about 2,41,396 pilgrims, the executive officer of Shiv Khori Shrine Board Dr Manmeet Kumar said here today.
"The Shrine Board is making all out efforts to provide more infrastructural facilities to the visiting pilgrims at the base camp and at the site of cave and number of development works have been initiated in this regard," he said.
The Shiv Khori shrine is emerging as the second largest pilgrimage destination in the Reasi district after Vaishno Devi Cave Shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley