Shiv Khori shrine receives record 8.33 lakh pilgrims
Reasi: Set amidst Sanger mountain range in Jammu and Kashmir`s Reasi district, Shiv Khori cave shrine has received a record of over 8.33 lakh pilgrims in the first four months this year.
About 8,33,709 pilgrims visited the historic Shiv Khori Shrine Cave till April this year as compared to 5,92,313 pilgrims in the same period last year, registering an increase of about 2,41,396 pilgrims, the executive officer of Shiv Khori Shrine Board Dr Manmeet Kumar said here today.
"The Shrine Board is making all out efforts to provide more infrastructural facilities to the visiting pilgrims at the base camp and at the site of cave and number of development works have been initiated in this regard," he said.
The Shiv Khori shrine is emerging as the second largest pilgrimage destination in the Reasi district after Vaishno Devi Cave Shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan