Snowfall continues in higher reaches of Kashmir
Srinagar: Intermittent snowfall continued in the higher reaches of Kashmir for the third day on Tuesday, while rains lashed plains, including Srinagar.
Srinagar received 1.8 mm of rainfall during the night and the mercury settled at a low of 0.6 degree Celsius as compared to the previous night`s minus 0.4 degree Celsius, an official of the MeT Department said here.
The famous ski-resort of Gulmarg received around 12.2 mm of snowfall and the night temperature settled at a low of minus 9.2 degrees Celsius as compared to minus 9.6 degrees Celsius the previous night.
Pahalgam hill resort, which serves as a base camp during the annual Amarnath yatra, received 18 mm of snow, the official said, adding the mercury there settled at a low of minus 3.0 degrees Celsius - an increase of one degree from minus 4.0 degrees Celsius the previous night.
Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir Valley, recorded a low of 0.4 degree Celsius, almost three degrees up as compared to the previous night?s minus 2.6 degrees Celsius. The town received 13.8 mm of snow.
Kokernag, in south Kashmir, which recorded a low of minus 2.7 degrees Celsius the previous night, registered a low of minus 3.5 degrees Celsius last night.
Kupwara, in north Kashmir, recorded a minimum of 0.3 degree Celsius as compared to minus 2.7 degree Celsius the previous night.
While Kokernag received 21.6 mm of snow, Kupwara recorded 4.2 mm of rainfall, the official said.
Leh, in the frontier region of Ladakh, remained the coldest place with a low of minus 8.9 degrees Celsius as against minus 9.0 degrees Celsius the previous night.
The MeT Department has said there is a possibility of light rain or snowfall at isolated places in the state over the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble