Snowfall continues in higher reaches of Kashmir
Srinagar: Intermittent snowfall continued in the higher reaches of Kashmir for the third day on Tuesday, while rains lashed plains, including Srinagar.
Srinagar received 1.8 mm of rainfall during the night and the mercury settled at a low of 0.6 degree Celsius as compared to the previous night`s minus 0.4 degree Celsius, an official of the MeT Department said here.
The famous ski-resort of Gulmarg received around 12.2 mm of snowfall and the night temperature settled at a low of minus 9.2 degrees Celsius as compared to minus 9.6 degrees Celsius the previous night.
Pahalgam hill resort, which serves as a base camp during the annual Amarnath yatra, received 18 mm of snow, the official said, adding the mercury there settled at a low of minus 3.0 degrees Celsius - an increase of one degree from minus 4.0 degrees Celsius the previous night.
Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir Valley, recorded a low of 0.4 degree Celsius, almost three degrees up as compared to the previous night?s minus 2.6 degrees Celsius. The town received 13.8 mm of snow.
Kokernag, in south Kashmir, which recorded a low of minus 2.7 degrees Celsius the previous night, registered a low of minus 3.5 degrees Celsius last night.
Kupwara, in north Kashmir, recorded a minimum of 0.3 degree Celsius as compared to minus 2.7 degree Celsius the previous night.
While Kokernag received 21.6 mm of snow, Kupwara recorded 4.2 mm of rainfall, the official said.
Leh, in the frontier region of Ladakh, remained the coldest place with a low of minus 8.9 degrees Celsius as against minus 9.0 degrees Celsius the previous night.
The MeT Department has said there is a possibility of light rain or snowfall at isolated places in the state over the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you