Snowfall continues in higher reaches of Kashmir
Srinagar: Intermittent snowfall continued in the higher reaches of Kashmir for the third day on Tuesday, while rains lashed plains, including Srinagar.
Srinagar received 1.8 mm of rainfall during the night and the mercury settled at a low of 0.6 degree Celsius as compared to the previous night`s minus 0.4 degree Celsius, an official of the MeT Department said here.
The famous ski-resort of Gulmarg received around 12.2 mm of snowfall and the night temperature settled at a low of minus 9.2 degrees Celsius as compared to minus 9.6 degrees Celsius the previous night.
Pahalgam hill resort, which serves as a base camp during the annual Amarnath yatra, received 18 mm of snow, the official said, adding the mercury there settled at a low of minus 3.0 degrees Celsius - an increase of one degree from minus 4.0 degrees Celsius the previous night.
Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir Valley, recorded a low of 0.4 degree Celsius, almost three degrees up as compared to the previous night?s minus 2.6 degrees Celsius. The town received 13.8 mm of snow.
Kokernag, in south Kashmir, which recorded a low of minus 2.7 degrees Celsius the previous night, registered a low of minus 3.5 degrees Celsius last night.
Kupwara, in north Kashmir, recorded a minimum of 0.3 degree Celsius as compared to minus 2.7 degree Celsius the previous night.
While Kokernag received 21.6 mm of snow, Kupwara recorded 4.2 mm of rainfall, the official said.
Leh, in the frontier region of Ladakh, remained the coldest place with a low of minus 8.9 degrees Celsius as against minus 9.0 degrees Celsius the previous night.
The MeT Department has said there is a possibility of light rain or snowfall at isolated places in the state over the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games
- US economic growth estimate for 2nd quarter cut to 1.1%