Some respite from cold wave expected in Kashmir
Srinagar: At minus 12.4 degrees Celsius, Pahalgam hill station was the coldest town in Kashmir Sunday. The present cold wave conditions would ease a bit during the next 24 hours, the Met Office has forecast.
The minimum temperature was 12.4 degrees Celsius below the freezing point in Pahalgam Sunday - coldest in the Kashmir Valley. It was 4.2 degrees Celsius below zero in Srinagar and minus 9.8 degrees Celsius in Gulmarg, a weather official said.
Leh town recorded a minimum of minus 8.6 degrees Celsius and Kargil recorded minus 16.1 degrees, he said.
The minimum temperature in Jammu city was 5.6 degrees Sunday - two degrees below what is normal for this time of the season, the official said.
There would be a marginal rise in the night temperatures across the Kashmir Valley, which would bring some respite to the people from the present intense cold wave conditions, he added.
The Met Office had forecast snow and rainfall in the valley Jan 8 and 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why