`Speed up Dastageer Sahib Shrine reconstruction`
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has directed the concerned officers to speed up the reconstruction work on the Dastageer Sahib Shrine at Khanyar which was gutted in a fire incident in June this year.
Minister for Rural Development Ali Mohammad Sagar, who represents Khanyar constituency in the State Assembly, issued the directions to the officers during a visit to the shrine yesterday.
Sagar said the shrine would be completed within the shortest possible time and in consonance with the original architecture of the gutted structure.
The minister asked the Wakf Board officials to ensure that the work on the shrine be started immediately.
He said it is a priority of the government that work on the shrine be completed within the stipulated time frame as per the commitment made to the people.
The minister also asked the officers to work in close coordination with the INTACH so that bottle necks if any can be removed and work expedited on a fast track basis.
Peer Dastageer Sahib shrine, a 250-year-old wooden landmark dedicated to 11th-century Sufi saint Sheikh Abdul Qadir Geelani, was reduced to ashes in a fire on June 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa