Student loses eye, fingers in mobile phone blast
Kathua (J&K): A blast in his mobile phone
left a ninth class student seriously injured today at his
residence in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Shiv Dev Singh lost his left eye and three fingers of left
hand when his mobile phone exploded in village Khagrode
area of Basholi tehsil, officials said.
He was immediately taken to district hospital at Kathua
for treatment, they said, adding he has suffered injuries on
his face and chest.
The victim`s father Karan Singh said that the boy had put
his phone on charger after returning from school. "Suddenly
there was loud sound of blast and we found him injured," he
The Superintendent of District Hospital Kathu, Anoop
Manhasn, said, "The youth have lost his three figure of left
hand and the face has severe splinter injuries which have
damaged his left eye."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview