Student loses eye, fingers in mobile phone blast
Kathua (J&K): A blast in his mobile phone
left a ninth class student seriously injured today at his
residence in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Shiv Dev Singh lost his left eye and three fingers of left
hand when his mobile phone exploded in village Khagrode
area of Basholi tehsil, officials said.
He was immediately taken to district hospital at Kathua
for treatment, they said, adding he has suffered injuries on
his face and chest.
The victim`s father Karan Singh said that the boy had put
his phone on charger after returning from school. "Suddenly
there was loud sound of blast and we found him injured," he
The Superintendent of District Hospital Kathu, Anoop
Manhasn, said, "The youth have lost his three figure of left
hand and the face has severe splinter injuries which have
damaged his left eye."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’