Take up Liyaqat issue with the Centre: PDP asks J&K govt
Srinagar: The opposition PDP on Saturday asked the Omar Abdullah government to take up with the Centre the issue related to the arrest of Syed Liyaqat Shah, the suspected Hizbul Mujahideen militant who was nabbed by the Delhi Police.
Seeking transparency in the rehabilitation policy for the return of local youth from across the border, party president Mehbooba Mufti demanded a white paper on the Kashmiri prisoners languishing in different jails in the country.
She also sought to know the charges being faced by them.
Syed Liyaqat Shah, a resident of Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir, was apprehended from Gorakhpur two days ago, soon after he entered India through Nepal where he flown to from Karachi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...