Take up Liyaqat issue with the Centre: PDP asks J&K govt
Srinagar: The opposition PDP on Saturday asked the Omar Abdullah government to take up with the Centre the issue related to the arrest of Syed Liyaqat Shah, the suspected Hizbul Mujahideen militant who was nabbed by the Delhi Police.
Seeking transparency in the rehabilitation policy for the return of local youth from across the border, party president Mehbooba Mufti demanded a white paper on the Kashmiri prisoners languishing in different jails in the country.
She also sought to know the charges being faced by them.
Syed Liyaqat Shah, a resident of Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir, was apprehended from Gorakhpur two days ago, soon after he entered India through Nepal where he flown to from Karachi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report