Take up Liyaqat issue with the Centre: PDP asks J&K govt
Srinagar: The opposition PDP on Saturday asked the Omar Abdullah government to take up with the Centre the issue related to the arrest of Syed Liyaqat Shah, the suspected Hizbul Mujahideen militant who was nabbed by the Delhi Police.
Seeking transparency in the rehabilitation policy for the return of local youth from across the border, party president Mehbooba Mufti demanded a white paper on the Kashmiri prisoners languishing in different jails in the country.
She also sought to know the charges being faced by them.
Syed Liyaqat Shah, a resident of Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir, was apprehended from Gorakhpur two days ago, soon after he entered India through Nepal where he flown to from Karachi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt