Take up Liyaqat issue with the Centre: PDP asks J&K govt
Srinagar: The opposition PDP on Saturday asked the Omar Abdullah government to take up with the Centre the issue related to the arrest of Syed Liyaqat Shah, the suspected Hizbul Mujahideen militant who was nabbed by the Delhi Police.
Seeking transparency in the rehabilitation policy for the return of local youth from across the border, party president Mehbooba Mufti demanded a white paper on the Kashmiri prisoners languishing in different jails in the country.
She also sought to know the charges being faced by them.
Syed Liyaqat Shah, a resident of Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir, was apprehended from Gorakhpur two days ago, soon after he entered India through Nepal where he flown to from Karachi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule
- 'Like Modi, next US Prez should outline economic growth plan'
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1