Ten pilgrims killed in Jammu accident
Jammu: At least 10 pilgrims were killed and more than 20 seriously injured when the bus they were travelling rolled down on a gorge near Digdole on Jammu-Srinagar highway late Saturday night, police said.
Digdole is about 165 km from Jammu.
The pilgrims were returning from Amarnath in Jammu and Kashmir. The bus skid off the road and fell into a deep gorge at Digdole around 11.30 p.m. Saturday.
Ten passengers died on the spot, while the injured were taken to Ramban hospital for treatment, police said
A search operation is on for the missing passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'