Three-day snow festival in Bhaderwah
Jammu: Popularly famous as "Chota Kashmir",
mountain-locked Bhaderwah will have a three-day snow festival
from March 11 aimed to boost tourism in Jammu region.
The festival will be celebrated in Bhaderwah belt of Doda
district in order to boost tourism in the region, District
Development Commissioner, Farooq Khan said.
Khan, who finalised the arrangements, said that it was
decided the inaugural function will be organised at Jai
Tourist Valley for first two days where VIPs will inaugurate
The Bhaderwah Development Authority will coordinate along
with instructors and equipment, Besides this a specialised
winter adventure team has been proposed to be arranged from
There would be participation of students of various
schools and colleges of the District in Snow Games and
cultural items at the inaugural function.
Threadbare discussions were held regarding boarding and
lodging, security, Medicare facility, transport and others for
the visiting tourists for the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress