Three-day snow festival in Bhaderwah
Jammu: Popularly famous as "Chota Kashmir",
mountain-locked Bhaderwah will have a three-day snow festival
from March 11 aimed to boost tourism in Jammu region.
The festival will be celebrated in Bhaderwah belt of Doda
district in order to boost tourism in the region, District
Development Commissioner, Farooq Khan said.
Khan, who finalised the arrangements, said that it was
decided the inaugural function will be organised at Jai
Tourist Valley for first two days where VIPs will inaugurate
The Bhaderwah Development Authority will coordinate along
with instructors and equipment, Besides this a specialised
winter adventure team has been proposed to be arranged from
There would be participation of students of various
schools and colleges of the District in Snow Games and
cultural items at the inaugural function.
Threadbare discussions were held regarding boarding and
lodging, security, Medicare facility, transport and others for
the visiting tourists for the festival.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children