Three-day snow festival in Bhaderwah
Jammu: Popularly famous as "Chota Kashmir",
mountain-locked Bhaderwah will have a three-day snow festival
from March 11 aimed to boost tourism in Jammu region.
The festival will be celebrated in Bhaderwah belt of Doda
district in order to boost tourism in the region, District
Development Commissioner, Farooq Khan said.
Khan, who finalised the arrangements, said that it was
decided the inaugural function will be organised at Jai
Tourist Valley for first two days where VIPs will inaugurate
The Bhaderwah Development Authority will coordinate along
with instructors and equipment, Besides this a specialised
winter adventure team has been proposed to be arranged from
There would be participation of students of various
schools and colleges of the District in Snow Games and
cultural items at the inaugural function.
Threadbare discussions were held regarding boarding and
lodging, security, Medicare facility, transport and others for
the visiting tourists for the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says