Troops alert on Line of Control: Army
Akhnoor (Jammu): Asserting that troops are alert along the borders with Pakistan, a senior army officer Tuesday said, no untoward incident will be allowed to happen along the Line of Control (LoC).
"Our boys are alert and we will not allow any untoward incident to happen (along the LoC)," General Officer Commanding (GOC), Cross Swords Division, Maj Gen Rustam Patnaik told PTI on the sidelines of an army eye camp organised under Operation Sadbhavna, here.
Patnaik was replying to questions on the situation along the borderline in the backdrop of beheading of two jawans by Pak troops in the Poonch sector in the first week of January.
Maj Gen Patnaik said, confidence building measures were working (between the two sides of LoC) and they are carrying routine activities.
Replying to another question about the posture and body language of Pakistani troops after the incident, the officer said: "We cannot see their body language, we can only see them through binoculars."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal