Troops alert on Line of Control: Army
Akhnoor (Jammu): Asserting that troops are alert along the borders with Pakistan, a senior army officer Tuesday said, no untoward incident will be allowed to happen along the Line of Control (LoC).
"Our boys are alert and we will not allow any untoward incident to happen (along the LoC)," General Officer Commanding (GOC), Cross Swords Division, Maj Gen Rustam Patnaik told PTI on the sidelines of an army eye camp organised under Operation Sadbhavna, here.
Patnaik was replying to questions on the situation along the borderline in the backdrop of beheading of two jawans by Pak troops in the Poonch sector in the first week of January.
Maj Gen Patnaik said, confidence building measures were working (between the two sides of LoC) and they are carrying routine activities.
Replying to another question about the posture and body language of Pakistani troops after the incident, the officer said: "We cannot see their body language, we can only see them through binoculars."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars