Troops alert on Line of Control: Army
Akhnoor (Jammu): Asserting that troops are alert along the borders with Pakistan, a senior army officer Tuesday said, no untoward incident will be allowed to happen along the Line of Control (LoC).
"Our boys are alert and we will not allow any untoward incident to happen (along the LoC)," General Officer Commanding (GOC), Cross Swords Division, Maj Gen Rustam Patnaik told PTI on the sidelines of an army eye camp organised under Operation Sadbhavna, here.
Patnaik was replying to questions on the situation along the borderline in the backdrop of beheading of two jawans by Pak troops in the Poonch sector in the first week of January.
Maj Gen Patnaik said, confidence building measures were working (between the two sides of LoC) and they are carrying routine activities.
Replying to another question about the posture and body language of Pakistani troops after the incident, the officer said: "We cannot see their body language, we can only see them through binoculars."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them