Try Geelani for intimidating Kashmiri Pandits: Panun Kashmir
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Wednesday expressed anguish over the comment made by separatist leader Ali Shah Geelani against the return of Kashmiri Pandits to Jammu and Kashmir, and asked the government to provide foolproof security to members of the community.
Yesterday, Geelani said the Central government was settling RSS and Sangh Parivar members in the Valley in the garb of return of Kashmiri Pandits.
"We strongly express resentment and anguish over the statement of Geelani against the settlement of Kashmiri Pandits in Kashmir. His statement is meant to vitiate the atmosphere and suit the unholy design of the separatists," general secretary Panun Kashmir, Kuldeep Raina said here.
Raina asked the government to take into account the "fascist declaration" of Geelani and try him for intimidating the minority community.
His statement is a grave threat to the security and safety of the left over Pandits who are working in the Valley under the employment packages, he said.
Panun Kashmir appeals to the state and Central government to provide fool proof security to members of the community, said the PK leader.
We are watching the developments very keenly and will not allow the community to be intimidated by the fascist threats of fundamentalists, Raina said.
Panun Kashmir had taken a historic stand in 1991 to strive for the creation of a homeland for the Kashmiri Pandits on the banks of the Vitasta river, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry