Try Geelani for intimidating Kashmiri Pandits: Panun Kashmir
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Wednesday expressed anguish over the comment made by separatist leader Ali Shah Geelani against the return of Kashmiri Pandits to Jammu and Kashmir, and asked the government to provide foolproof security to members of the community.
Yesterday, Geelani said the Central government was settling RSS and Sangh Parivar members in the Valley in the garb of return of Kashmiri Pandits.
"We strongly express resentment and anguish over the statement of Geelani against the settlement of Kashmiri Pandits in Kashmir. His statement is meant to vitiate the atmosphere and suit the unholy design of the separatists," general secretary Panun Kashmir, Kuldeep Raina said here.
Raina asked the government to take into account the "fascist declaration" of Geelani and try him for intimidating the minority community.
His statement is a grave threat to the security and safety of the left over Pandits who are working in the Valley under the employment packages, he said.
Panun Kashmir appeals to the state and Central government to provide fool proof security to members of the community, said the PK leader.
We are watching the developments very keenly and will not allow the community to be intimidated by the fascist threats of fundamentalists, Raina said.
Panun Kashmir had taken a historic stand in 1991 to strive for the creation of a homeland for the Kashmiri Pandits on the banks of the Vitasta river, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed