Twin dockyards formed for Dal Lake houseboats
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has established two dockyards for construction and repair of houseboats in the Dal Lake, one of the main attractions for tourists visiting the state.
The dockyards at Abikarpora and Pokhribal were inaugurated by Minister for Tourism Ghulam Ahmed Mir yesterday.
The dockyards were constructed at a cumulative cost of Rs 3.32 crore by Tourism Department to facilitate the houseboat owners for construction and repairs of their houseboats, an official spokesman said.
Speaking on the occasion, the Tourism Minister said houseboat owners have a great role in promoting tourism in the state.
He called upon them to provide all modern lodging and boarding facilities to the tourists while staying in the houseboats.
Mir said it should be also ensured that no tourist faces any inconvenience as Jammu and Kashmir is well-known for its hospitality in the world.
The government would provide all logistic support for the revival of historical houseboats, the Minister said.
He said the government has also launched an incentive scheme under which, those who intend to setup their units under tourism sector, would be provided incentives up to Rs one crore.
The Minister asked tourism stakeholders to pay special attention to upgradation of tourism infrastructure as the state is expected to witness a big boom of tourism activities in near future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened