Two BSF troopers injured in firing from Pakistan
Jammu: Two Border Security Force (BSF) troopers were injured in unprovoked firing by Pakistan Rangers in RS Pura sector of the international border in Jammu district late Thursday night, an official said on Friday.
A senior police official told a news agency that two paramilitary troopers were injured in the firing by Pakistan Rangers on BSF`s Nikkowal post.
"While one of the injured BSF troopers has been shifted to Government Medical College Hospital Jammu for specialised treatment, the other injured trooper sustained minor injuries and was given first aid," the official said.
Pakistan Rangers used small arms, automatics and mortars to target the BSF post.
"BSF has effectively retaliated the Pakistan firing using same calibre weapons," the official said.
In Akhnoor sector of the international border, a woman and four children were injured on Thursday in another firing incident by Pakistan Rangers.
The injured are being treated at a hospital in Jammu city.
Pakistan has been frequently violating the bilateral ceasefire agreement signed by India and Pakistan in November 2003.
So far this year, the Pakistan Army has violated the ceasefire in Jammu region over 100 times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?