Two BSF troopers injured in firing from Pakistan
Jammu: Two Border Security Force (BSF) troopers were injured in unprovoked firing by Pakistan Rangers in RS Pura sector of the international border in Jammu district late Thursday night, an official said on Friday.
A senior police official told a news agency that two paramilitary troopers were injured in the firing by Pakistan Rangers on BSF`s Nikkowal post.
"While one of the injured BSF troopers has been shifted to Government Medical College Hospital Jammu for specialised treatment, the other injured trooper sustained minor injuries and was given first aid," the official said.
Pakistan Rangers used small arms, automatics and mortars to target the BSF post.
"BSF has effectively retaliated the Pakistan firing using same calibre weapons," the official said.
In Akhnoor sector of the international border, a woman and four children were injured on Thursday in another firing incident by Pakistan Rangers.
The injured are being treated at a hospital in Jammu city.
Pakistan has been frequently violating the bilateral ceasefire agreement signed by India and Pakistan in November 2003.
So far this year, the Pakistan Army has violated the ceasefire in Jammu region over 100 times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days