Two hour shutdown to protest acid attack on woman
Srinagar: The commercial hub of Lal Chowk and adjoining areas on Friday observed a two-hour shutdown against the acid attack on a woman here earlier this week.
All the shops and other commercial establishments in Lal Chowk and surrounding areas downed their shutters from noon as a mark of protest against the acid attack on the 30-year-old woman in Parraypora area of the city on Wednesday.
A jilted lover poured the acid on the face of the woman, who was returning home from a coaching centre where she used to teach. The youth, Reyaz Ahmad Nath, who had been harassing the girl for last three years, and his accomplice Mudassir Ahmad have been arrested.
Meanwhile, Mudasir has told police that he was not aware about Nath`s intention to attack the girl with acid and has decided to turn approver in the case.
A senior police officer said Mudasir turning a prosecution witness will help in the case against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore