Two hour shutdown to protest acid attack on woman
Srinagar: The commercial hub of Lal Chowk and adjoining areas on Friday observed a two-hour shutdown against the acid attack on a woman here earlier this week.
All the shops and other commercial establishments in Lal Chowk and surrounding areas downed their shutters from noon as a mark of protest against the acid attack on the 30-year-old woman in Parraypora area of the city on Wednesday.
A jilted lover poured the acid on the face of the woman, who was returning home from a coaching centre where she used to teach. The youth, Reyaz Ahmad Nath, who had been harassing the girl for last three years, and his accomplice Mudassir Ahmad have been arrested.
Meanwhile, Mudasir has told police that he was not aware about Nath`s intention to attack the girl with acid and has decided to turn approver in the case.
A senior police officer said Mudasir turning a prosecution witness will help in the case against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested