Vaishnodevi pilgrim among two dead in J&K
Jammu: A Vaishnodevi pilgrim was among two persons killed after a fall into a deep gorge in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Mishra Ram (64) from UP was on his way to the cave shrine in Trikuta hills, when he slipped and rolled down into an over 100-feet deep gorge at Bhawan close to shrine on Tuesday night, officials said on Wednesday.
His body was recovered by the Police after a two-hour-long operation and handed over to relatives after post-mortem for the last rites, they said.
In a similar incident, one girl identified as 22-year-old Guddi Devi slipped from the roof top of her house and rolled down into deep gorge near her house in Jij area of the district, they said.
She died on the spot and the body was recovered by the villagers, they said adding she was shifted to hospital, where doctors declared her brought dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note