Veteran Kashmir journalist dead
Jammu: DC Prashant, one of few pre-independence era journalists of Jammu and Kashmir, died here on Wednesday, his family said. He was 96.
Prashant started his journalistic career from Lahore in 1946. He joined the Press Trust of India (PTI) in 1947.
He was elected to the Rajya Sabha in 1982 and remained an MP till 1986.
Prashant also authored some books during his years as a journalist.
He is survived by three sons and four daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH