Veteran Kashmir journalist dead
Jammu: DC Prashant, one of few pre-independence era journalists of Jammu and Kashmir, died here on Wednesday, his family said. He was 96.
Prashant started his journalistic career from Lahore in 1946. He joined the Press Trust of India (PTI) in 1947.
He was elected to the Rajya Sabha in 1982 and remained an MP till 1986.
Prashant also authored some books during his years as a journalist.
He is survived by three sons and four daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion