Veteran Kashmir journalist dead
Jammu: DC Prashant, one of few pre-independence era journalists of Jammu and Kashmir, died here on Wednesday, his family said. He was 96.
Prashant started his journalistic career from Lahore in 1946. He joined the Press Trust of India (PTI) in 1947.
He was elected to the Rajya Sabha in 1982 and remained an MP till 1986.
Prashant also authored some books during his years as a journalist.
He is survived by three sons and four daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back