Veteran Kashmir journalist dead
Jammu: DC Prashant, one of few pre-independence era journalists of Jammu and Kashmir, died here on Wednesday, his family said. He was 96.
Prashant started his journalistic career from Lahore in 1946. He joined the Press Trust of India (PTI) in 1947.
He was elected to the Rajya Sabha in 1982 and remained an MP till 1986.
Prashant also authored some books during his years as a journalist.
He is survived by three sons and four daughters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma