Veteran Kashmir journalist dead
Jammu: DC Prashant, one of few pre-independence era journalists of Jammu and Kashmir, died here on Wednesday, his family said. He was 96.
Prashant started his journalistic career from Lahore in 1946. He joined the Press Trust of India (PTI) in 1947.
He was elected to the Rajya Sabha in 1982 and remained an MP till 1986.
Prashant also authored some books during his years as a journalist.
He is survived by three sons and four daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan