Villager axes wife to death, attempts suicide in J&K
Jammu: A 45-year-old villager killed his
wife with an axe and later tried to commit suicide in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
Mehandiya first axed his wife to death at his home in
Laad village of Chasana belt on Friday night and then made an
unsuccessful bid to commit suicide by slitting his throat,
As the couple`s 13-year-old daughter cried for help,
people and police rushed to the spot and took the couple to
the hospital in critical condition, they said, adding that the
woman was declared brought dead by the doctors.
The police said that the reason behind the incident is
not known and they are investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- New compound may help fight epilepsy
- 'Jethalal' promotes Varun Dhawan starrer 'Dishoom' by flaunting his unique swag! Watch video
- BIZARRE! Panchayat slaps Rs 5 lakh fine on Haryana school after Eid celebration
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains