Villager axes wife to death, attempts suicide in J&K
Jammu: A 45-year-old villager killed his
wife with an axe and later tried to commit suicide in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
Mehandiya first axed his wife to death at his home in
Laad village of Chasana belt on Friday night and then made an
unsuccessful bid to commit suicide by slitting his throat,
As the couple`s 13-year-old daughter cried for help,
people and police rushed to the spot and took the couple to
the hospital in critical condition, they said, adding that the
woman was declared brought dead by the doctors.
The police said that the reason behind the incident is
not known and they are investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama