Villager axes wife to death, attempts suicide in J&K
Jammu: A 45-year-old villager killed his
wife with an axe and later tried to commit suicide in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
Mehandiya first axed his wife to death at his home in
Laad village of Chasana belt on Friday night and then made an
unsuccessful bid to commit suicide by slitting his throat,
As the couple`s 13-year-old daughter cried for help,
people and police rushed to the spot and took the couple to
the hospital in critical condition, they said, adding that the
woman was declared brought dead by the doctors.
The police said that the reason behind the incident is
not known and they are investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'