Villager axes wife to death, attempts suicide in J&K
Jammu: A 45-year-old villager killed his
wife with an axe and later tried to commit suicide in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
Mehandiya first axed his wife to death at his home in
Laad village of Chasana belt on Friday night and then made an
unsuccessful bid to commit suicide by slitting his throat,
As the couple`s 13-year-old daughter cried for help,
people and police rushed to the spot and took the couple to
the hospital in critical condition, they said, adding that the
woman was declared brought dead by the doctors.
The police said that the reason behind the incident is
not known and they are investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre