Vote for Congress will mean supporting separatists: BJP
Jammu: Alleging that Congress was not only supporting separatists and communal forces in Kashmir but was also hand in glove with "pro-autonomy" National Conference, BJP on Sunday said voting for the party would mean supporting Kashmiri separatism.
"The people of Jammu province, who have all along played an important role in defeating the separatists and communal forces in the Valley, will see through the evil game plan of Congress which is hand-in-glove with the pro-autonomy NC and other divisive outfits," BJP state general secretary Bali Bhagat told reporters here today.
"Vote for Congress will be vote for Kashmiri separatism. The people should not vote for the Congress as it supports separatists and communal forces of Kashmir," he added.
Bali said the policy of the Congress-led UPA government towards Pakistan and Kashmir has not undergone any change and alleged that if the party is voted to power once again it would "play a mischief and will not hesitate to hand over Kashmir to Pakistan".
"Even otherwise, Congress doesn`t deserve a single vote from the people of Jammu province. For, it came to power in 2002 and 2009 with the support of the people of Jammu, but did not honour even a single commitment it had made in its election manifestos," he said.
Congress, in 2002, had promised delimitation and regional development board, but failed to honour its commitment. In 2008, it had among other things promised regional council for Jammu and delimitation, but again let down the people by not taking any step in this regard, Bali said.
He said the Congress cannot be trusted in Jammu as in the rest of the country.
He urged the people not to waste their precious votes by voting for the Congress as, he claimed BJP`s Narendra Modi is all set to become the next Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries
- Did Indian Air Force's AN-32 plane vanish due to catastrophic accident?
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: Report
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook
- Virat Kohli: Five incredible records set by India captain during 200-run knock