Work on Lakhanpur travellers mart on in full swing
Jammu: The construction of travellers mart in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir is on in full swing and once completed, it will give a big boost to tourism activities in the region, Tourism Minister Ghulam Ahmed Mir said on Wednesday.
The Rs 49 crore-project in Lakhanpur will be home to tourist facilities including an art gallery, restaurant, kitchen block, tourist office with staff room and information office, Mir told the Assembly.
The construction of budgeted accommodation, public convenience and children parks have been taken up through Lakanpur-Sarthal Development Authority within the premises of the land acquired for the mart, he said.
Out of the allotted amount of Rs 81 lakh for the ground floor, Rs 34.25 lakh have been incurred till date, the minister said, adding that some additional works have also been taken up under the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony