Work on Lakhanpur travellers mart on in full swing
Jammu: The construction of travellers mart in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir is on in full swing and once completed, it will give a big boost to tourism activities in the region, Tourism Minister Ghulam Ahmed Mir said on Wednesday.
The Rs 49 crore-project in Lakhanpur will be home to tourist facilities including an art gallery, restaurant, kitchen block, tourist office with staff room and information office, Mir told the Assembly.
The construction of budgeted accommodation, public convenience and children parks have been taken up through Lakanpur-Sarthal Development Authority within the premises of the land acquired for the mart, he said.
Out of the allotted amount of Rs 81 lakh for the ground floor, Rs 34.25 lakh have been incurred till date, the minister said, adding that some additional works have also been taken up under the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army