Work on Lakhanpur travellers mart on in full swing
Jammu: The construction of travellers mart in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir is on in full swing and once completed, it will give a big boost to tourism activities in the region, Tourism Minister Ghulam Ahmed Mir said on Wednesday.
The Rs 49 crore-project in Lakhanpur will be home to tourist facilities including an art gallery, restaurant, kitchen block, tourist office with staff room and information office, Mir told the Assembly.
The construction of budgeted accommodation, public convenience and children parks have been taken up through Lakanpur-Sarthal Development Authority within the premises of the land acquired for the mart, he said.
Out of the allotted amount of Rs 81 lakh for the ground floor, Rs 34.25 lakh have been incurred till date, the minister said, adding that some additional works have also been taken up under the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Protests over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew in south Kashmir to prevent separatist called march
- Bernie Sanders to emphasise agreements with Hillary Clinton at National Convention
- World's most sensitive detector 'LUX' finds no dark matter
- Multiple sclerosis: 15 warning signs you might have the condition
- India vs West Indies 2016: Long spells on Day 4 helped me rediscover rhythm, says R Ashwin