Work on Lakhanpur travellers mart on in full swing
Jammu: The construction of travellers mart in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir is on in full swing and once completed, it will give a big boost to tourism activities in the region, Tourism Minister Ghulam Ahmed Mir said on Wednesday.
The Rs 49 crore-project in Lakhanpur will be home to tourist facilities including an art gallery, restaurant, kitchen block, tourist office with staff room and information office, Mir told the Assembly.
The construction of budgeted accommodation, public convenience and children parks have been taken up through Lakanpur-Sarthal Development Authority within the premises of the land acquired for the mart, he said.
Out of the allotted amount of Rs 81 lakh for the ground floor, Rs 34.25 lakh have been incurred till date, the minister said, adding that some additional works have also been taken up under the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre