Youth killed by militants inside a Mosque: Omar to Assembly
Jammu: Targeting those spearheading protests over killings due to security forces in the Valley, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah today strongly condemned the gunning down of 17-year old boy from Sopore, saying militants chased and killed him inside the Mosque.
"I strongly condemned the killing of Suhail Ahmad Sofi son of Ghulan Nabi Sofi a young person from Doabgah Sopore by militants last night", Omar told the Legislative Assembly while making a statement about the incident here today.
"Suhail was chased by militants and he entered a mosque for refuge but the militants shot him inside the mosque and killed the young boy there", the CM said.
The Chief Minister expressed dismay over the behaviour of a particular faction of members who raise their voices vehemently against similar incidents in which security personnel are involved but keep mum when militants kill innocent people.
"If this kind of killing had been committed by security forces they would have torn out their clothes, castigated the country and asked me to give the answer for bleeding of innocent blood", he said.
"Shedding of innocent blood and killings of people are `killings` either committed by security forces or by militants and should be condemned in unequivocal terms without any discrimination", Omar maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"