6 arrested, 80,000 pouches illicit liquor seized
Hazaribagh: Six persons were arrested and 80,000 pouches of illicit liquor were seized from them at Hazaribagh in Jharkhand, a senior official said on Sunday.
A team headed by Sub-divisional Officer (Sadar) Rachna Bhagat, seized the illegal consignment during raids in the intervening night of July 27 and July 28 on a shop and godown, SDO Bhagat said here.
Bhagat said six persons, including a liquor shop dealer, were arrested and an FIR was lodged with Sadar police station in Hazaribagh.
Both the godown and the shop were sealed by Assistant Commissioner of Excise, Uma Shankar Singh, Bhagat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state