BJP leader shot dead by ultras
Khunti (Jharkhand): The secretary of BJP`s Khunti district committee Sambal Pradhan was shot dead on Wednesday by suspected PLFI activists near a weekly market in Sondari village under Torpa police station, the police said.
Pradhan (52) was at the market when the ultras on three or four motorcycles fired at him. He died on the spot.
The attackers also set ablaze two vehicles parked in the vicinity, the sources said.
DIG (Ranchi) Sheetal Oraon said according to prima facie evidence, the incident seemed to be a handiwork of Peoples Liberation Front of India (PLFI), splinter group of the Maoists.
About two months ago, PLFI had shot dead a leader of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik), Vijay Munda, at a place under the same police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir