BJP leader shot dead by ultras
Khunti (Jharkhand): The secretary of BJP`s Khunti district committee Sambal Pradhan was shot dead on Wednesday by suspected PLFI activists near a weekly market in Sondari village under Torpa police station, the police said.
Pradhan (52) was at the market when the ultras on three or four motorcycles fired at him. He died on the spot.
The attackers also set ablaze two vehicles parked in the vicinity, the sources said.
DIG (Ranchi) Sheetal Oraon said according to prima facie evidence, the incident seemed to be a handiwork of Peoples Liberation Front of India (PLFI), splinter group of the Maoists.
About two months ago, PLFI had shot dead a leader of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik), Vijay Munda, at a place under the same police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest