BJP leader shot dead by ultras
Khunti (Jharkhand): The secretary of BJP`s Khunti district committee Sambal Pradhan was shot dead on Wednesday by suspected PLFI activists near a weekly market in Sondari village under Torpa police station, the police said.
Pradhan (52) was at the market when the ultras on three or four motorcycles fired at him. He died on the spot.
The attackers also set ablaze two vehicles parked in the vicinity, the sources said.
DIG (Ranchi) Sheetal Oraon said according to prima facie evidence, the incident seemed to be a handiwork of Peoples Liberation Front of India (PLFI), splinter group of the Maoists.
About two months ago, PLFI had shot dead a leader of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik), Vijay Munda, at a place under the same police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya