BJP leader shot dead by ultras
Khunti (Jharkhand): The secretary of BJP`s Khunti district committee Sambal Pradhan was shot dead on Wednesday by suspected PLFI activists near a weekly market in Sondari village under Torpa police station, the police said.
Pradhan (52) was at the market when the ultras on three or four motorcycles fired at him. He died on the spot.
The attackers also set ablaze two vehicles parked in the vicinity, the sources said.
DIG (Ranchi) Sheetal Oraon said according to prima facie evidence, the incident seemed to be a handiwork of Peoples Liberation Front of India (PLFI), splinter group of the Maoists.
About two months ago, PLFI had shot dead a leader of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik), Vijay Munda, at a place under the same police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister