BJP leader shot dead by ultras
Khunti (Jharkhand): The secretary of BJP`s Khunti district committee Sambal Pradhan was shot dead on Wednesday by suspected PLFI activists near a weekly market in Sondari village under Torpa police station, the police said.
Pradhan (52) was at the market when the ultras on three or four motorcycles fired at him. He died on the spot.
The attackers also set ablaze two vehicles parked in the vicinity, the sources said.
DIG (Ranchi) Sheetal Oraon said according to prima facie evidence, the incident seemed to be a handiwork of Peoples Liberation Front of India (PLFI), splinter group of the Maoists.
About two months ago, PLFI had shot dead a leader of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik), Vijay Munda, at a place under the same police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea