BJP observes `protest day` against new govt in Jharkhand
Ranchi: The state unit of BJP observed on Saturday as `protest day` against the formation of the new government, accusing JMM/Congress of cobbling up an alliance "with the support of tainted MLAs".
"Our leaders and party workers have observed protest day in several blocks across the state against the way the government was cobbled up with the support of tainted and charge-sheeted MLAs," BJP`s state unit vice president Deepak Prakash told reporters here.
We have nothing against coalition governments, but the way this particular government has been formed is condemnable. Many are tainted while a few are absconding from the law," he added.
He said the party would also protest on the day when the Hemant Soren-led government, which took oath today, would take floor test next week.
The CPI (ML-Liberation), in a press release, observed the day as "attack on democracy".
"The alliance is anti-democratic and against the interest of the people and the state," the party alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves