BJP observes `protest day` against new govt in Jharkhand
Ranchi: The state unit of BJP observed on Saturday as `protest day` against the formation of the new government, accusing JMM/Congress of cobbling up an alliance "with the support of tainted MLAs".
"Our leaders and party workers have observed protest day in several blocks across the state against the way the government was cobbled up with the support of tainted and charge-sheeted MLAs," BJP`s state unit vice president Deepak Prakash told reporters here.
We have nothing against coalition governments, but the way this particular government has been formed is condemnable. Many are tainted while a few are absconding from the law," he added.
He said the party would also protest on the day when the Hemant Soren-led government, which took oath today, would take floor test next week.
The CPI (ML-Liberation), in a press release, observed the day as "attack on democracy".
"The alliance is anti-democratic and against the interest of the people and the state," the party alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional