BJP should stop govt formation process in J`Khand: Shatrughan
New Delhi: Describing BJP`s efforts to cobble up numbers through "opportunistic alliances" to form government in Jharkhand as "misadventure", its MP Shatrughan
Sinha on Saturday suggested party leaders stop the exercise immediately in the eastern state.
"The Jharkhand misadventure (of forming government) has attracted bad name for the BJP. This exercise should be stopped immediately to check further dent in the saffron
party`s image," Sinha, BJP MP from Patnasaheb, told a news agency.
Senior party leaders like LK Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi and Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj had been against forming a "unprincipled and opportunistic" government in the mineral-rich state from the beginning but some party leaders driven by business interest forced the party to dabble in the futile exercise, he said.
The actor-turned-politician, who has been BJP`s star campaigner for long, refused to identify those leaders.
He said it was wrong not to go for government in Jharkhand under the leadership of experienced and respected leader Yashwant Sinha whose name was proposed by Advani.
Sinha suggested that BJP stop the exercise of government formation in Jharkhand immediately to maintain its high moral ground of being a party with a difference otherwise it could have adverse impact in neighbouring Bihar where Assembly
elections are due later this year.
Fresh Assembly polls in Jharkhand seems to be the best solution to stop horse-trading for formation of government there, Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city