Bodies of seven Maoists handed to their kin
Chatra, Jharkhand: Bodies of seven Maoists killed by TPC ultras were handed today to their relatives, police said.
The bodies were handed over to them after post-mortem at Sadar hospital here in the presence of senior police officers, sources said.
There were no claimants for three other bodies, they said.
Ultras of Tritiya Prastuti Committee had killed the ten Maoists yesterday near Lakramanda village and had claimed to have kidnapped as many.
Police, meanwhile, said they had no such information.
The rebel outfits have a running feud ever since TPC broke away from CPI(Maoist) in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family