Cash for vote case: Vigilance Bureau seeks warrant against Sunil Sahay
Ranchi: The Vigilance Bureau has petitioned before the special vigilance court for issuance of arrest warrant against one of the accused in the case of cash-for-vote ahead of this year`s mayoral elections.
The court of AK Chaturvedi sought the case diary and other evidences after the bureau moved the court yesterday for the warrant against Sunil Sahay, one of the accused in the case pertaining to seizure of Rs 21.9 lakh from a hotel in Ranchi, days ahead of the mayoral polls.
An FIR had been filed against Rama Khalkho, who was aspiring for re-election, Sunil Sahay and others accusing them of keeping the cash for electoral malpractice ahead of the elections, which led the state election commission to scrap the April 8 polls.
Khalkho, who surrendered before the special vigilance court on June 4, had on November 11 obtained bail from the Jharkhand High Court in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY