Jharkhand Cong for special package to backward districts
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Pradesh Congress Committee (JPCC) today demanded a special package for four most backward districts of the state.
The four most backward districts of Jharkhand- Daltongunj (Palamau), Chatra, Latehar and Garwah- must be granted special package on the line of one that had been granted to Bundelkhand region, said S R A Rizvi Chabban, JPCC Secretary.
"Life today is miserable in these four districts of Jharkhand as government did nothing for its progress during last several decades", Chabban told a news agency here today.
The situation across sectors - including education, road condition, healthcare, water, electricity, irrigation etc was worst compared to other districts of the state and prevailing situation has left the people with no option but to migrate to other states in search of livelihood or deviate from the main stream of the society, he claimed.
Justifying the demand for the special package for this region, the Congress leader said the government should form a high-power committee to look into the ground realities of these districts and recommend for a special package on experiment basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics