Jharkhand Cong for special package to backward districts
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Pradesh Congress Committee (JPCC) today demanded a special package for four most backward districts of the state.
The four most backward districts of Jharkhand- Daltongunj (Palamau), Chatra, Latehar and Garwah- must be granted special package on the line of one that had been granted to Bundelkhand region, said S R A Rizvi Chabban, JPCC Secretary.
"Life today is miserable in these four districts of Jharkhand as government did nothing for its progress during last several decades", Chabban told a news agency here today.
The situation across sectors - including education, road condition, healthcare, water, electricity, irrigation etc was worst compared to other districts of the state and prevailing situation has left the people with no option but to migrate to other states in search of livelihood or deviate from the main stream of the society, he claimed.
Justifying the demand for the special package for this region, the Congress leader said the government should form a high-power committee to look into the ground realities of these districts and recommend for a special package on experiment basis.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics
- Heat wave in India: Useful tips and safety guidelines!
- Watch: Beautiful time-lapse video of a night flight from India to China!
- Kerala minister, Left candidate attacked with chair, stones during live TV debate