CBI arrests bank official on bribery charge
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A senior bank official was Tuesday arrested by CBI for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 10,000 to settle pension documents of a retired government employee at Telo area in the district, an official said.
"Assistant Manager of Punjab National Bank H N Ojha was arrested red handed while he was accepting the amount from a government employee to settle documents relating to his pension," Superintendent of Police (CBI) Pramod Majhi said today.
He said the trap was laid after the complainant approached the central investigating agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks