CBI arrests bank official on bribery charge
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A senior bank official was Tuesday arrested by CBI for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 10,000 to settle pension documents of a retired government employee at Telo area in the district, an official said.
"Assistant Manager of Punjab National Bank H N Ojha was arrested red handed while he was accepting the amount from a government employee to settle documents relating to his pension," Superintendent of Police (CBI) Pramod Majhi said today.
He said the trap was laid after the complainant approached the central investigating agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA