CBI arrests bank official on bribery charge
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A senior bank official was Tuesday arrested by CBI for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 10,000 to settle pension documents of a retired government employee at Telo area in the district, an official said.
"Assistant Manager of Punjab National Bank H N Ojha was arrested red handed while he was accepting the amount from a government employee to settle documents relating to his pension," Superintendent of Police (CBI) Pramod Majhi said today.
He said the trap was laid after the complainant approached the central investigating agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre