CBI takes Binod Sinha in 10-day remand
Ranchi: Binod Sinha, a key aide of former
Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda, was on Saturday sent to 10-day
remand in CBI custody after he was brought from Delhi.
A special CBI court allowed the investigating agency`s
plea to take Sinha into its custody. Sinha was arrested in
Delhi on Thursday and produced in a court there yesterday.
Sinha, who had warrants against him since the Income Tax
and Enforcement Directorate raids on October 31 last year
was in hiding and was caught by the CBI sleuths from South
His premises were among the 70 places, including that of
Koda, the CBI had raided on October 31 last year.
The investigating agencies have stumbled on Rs 2,000 crore
in alleged illegal investments and hawala transactions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister