CBI takes Binod Sinha in 10-day remand
Ranchi: Binod Sinha, a key aide of former
Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda, was on Saturday sent to 10-day
remand in CBI custody after he was brought from Delhi.
A special CBI court allowed the investigating agency`s
plea to take Sinha into its custody. Sinha was arrested in
Delhi on Thursday and produced in a court there yesterday.
Sinha, who had warrants against him since the Income Tax
and Enforcement Directorate raids on October 31 last year
was in hiding and was caught by the CBI sleuths from South
His premises were among the 70 places, including that of
Koda, the CBI had raided on October 31 last year.
The investigating agencies have stumbled on Rs 2,000 crore
in alleged illegal investments and hawala transactions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video