CBI takes Binod Sinha in 10-day remand
Ranchi: Binod Sinha, a key aide of former
Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda, was on Saturday sent to 10-day
remand in CBI custody after he was brought from Delhi.
A special CBI court allowed the investigating agency`s
plea to take Sinha into its custody. Sinha was arrested in
Delhi on Thursday and produced in a court there yesterday.
Sinha, who had warrants against him since the Income Tax
and Enforcement Directorate raids on October 31 last year
was in hiding and was caught by the CBI sleuths from South
His premises were among the 70 places, including that of
Koda, the CBI had raided on October 31 last year.
The investigating agencies have stumbled on Rs 2,000 crore
in alleged illegal investments and hawala transactions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- REVEALED: Why Mayanti Langer does not support husband Stuart Binny on public platform
- This lake in Himachal Pradesh is a visual delight – Check out details
- Celine Dion named husband's administrator
- Madonna pays tribute to Prince at Billboard Music Awards
- CBI likely to grill ex-Haryana CM Hooda in HUDA land scam