CBI takes Binod Sinha in 10-day remand
Ranchi: Binod Sinha, a key aide of former
Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda, was on Saturday sent to 10-day
remand in CBI custody after he was brought from Delhi.
A special CBI court allowed the investigating agency`s
plea to take Sinha into its custody. Sinha was arrested in
Delhi on Thursday and produced in a court there yesterday.
Sinha, who had warrants against him since the Income Tax
and Enforcement Directorate raids on October 31 last year
was in hiding and was caught by the CBI sleuths from South
His premises were among the 70 places, including that of
Koda, the CBI had raided on October 31 last year.
The investigating agencies have stumbled on Rs 2,000 crore
in alleged illegal investments and hawala transactions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic
- It'll be cool to have 'Charlie's Angels' in India: Anushka Sharma
- Punjab Health Minister says,"Only 2% drug addicts in 10 districts of state"
- CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on Sept 18