CJI moved at his felicitation ceremony
Ranchi: Chief Justice of India Justice Altamas Kabir was so much moved with the warm felicitation given to him here that he refused to take out heaps of garlands around his neck when Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda wished to help him after his face was fully covered with garlands.
Kabir, whose face was fully covered with garlands after several people garlanded him and there was no space for another one with a long line of people waiting to garland him, told the chief minister it was okay when Munda wanted to extend a helping hand.
"Once I had been to Garwha and 400 people were waiting to welcome me. I was so overwhelmed with their gesture and my face was covered with garlands. I had to take out four/five times then.”
"And I witnessed it here today. I am overwhelmed with the love and kindness," the CJI said after he allowed a helping hand in removing garlands.
This was the first visit of Justice Kabir to any state after he became the Chief Justice of India.
Justice Kabir had earlier also served as the Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court.
Besides Munda, the other dignitaries who were present at the ceremony were Supreme Court judges Gyan Sudha Misra, S J Mukhopadhaya and Aftab Alam and Madras High Court Chief Justice MY Eqbal, Jharkhand High Court Chief Justice PC Tatia and a host of judges in Jharkhand and legal luminaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!