CJI moved at his felicitation ceremony
Ranchi: Chief Justice of India Justice Altamas Kabir was so much moved with the warm felicitation given to him here that he refused to take out heaps of garlands around his neck when Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda wished to help him after his face was fully covered with garlands.
Kabir, whose face was fully covered with garlands after several people garlanded him and there was no space for another one with a long line of people waiting to garland him, told the chief minister it was okay when Munda wanted to extend a helping hand.
"Once I had been to Garwha and 400 people were waiting to welcome me. I was so overwhelmed with their gesture and my face was covered with garlands. I had to take out four/five times then.”
"And I witnessed it here today. I am overwhelmed with the love and kindness," the CJI said after he allowed a helping hand in removing garlands.
This was the first visit of Justice Kabir to any state after he became the Chief Justice of India.
Justice Kabir had earlier also served as the Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court.
Besides Munda, the other dignitaries who were present at the ceremony were Supreme Court judges Gyan Sudha Misra, S J Mukhopadhaya and Aftab Alam and Madras High Court Chief Justice MY Eqbal, Jharkhand High Court Chief Justice PC Tatia and a host of judges in Jharkhand and legal luminaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31