CJI moved at his felicitation ceremony
Ranchi: Chief Justice of India Justice Altamas Kabir was so much moved with the warm felicitation given to him here that he refused to take out heaps of garlands around his neck when Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda wished to help him after his face was fully covered with garlands.
Kabir, whose face was fully covered with garlands after several people garlanded him and there was no space for another one with a long line of people waiting to garland him, told the chief minister it was okay when Munda wanted to extend a helping hand.
"Once I had been to Garwha and 400 people were waiting to welcome me. I was so overwhelmed with their gesture and my face was covered with garlands. I had to take out four/five times then.”
"And I witnessed it here today. I am overwhelmed with the love and kindness," the CJI said after he allowed a helping hand in removing garlands.
This was the first visit of Justice Kabir to any state after he became the Chief Justice of India.
Justice Kabir had earlier also served as the Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court.
Besides Munda, the other dignitaries who were present at the ceremony were Supreme Court judges Gyan Sudha Misra, S J Mukhopadhaya and Aftab Alam and Madras High Court Chief Justice MY Eqbal, Jharkhand High Court Chief Justice PC Tatia and a host of judges in Jharkhand and legal luminaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks