Congress MLA convicted in kidnap and murder case
Ranchi: A local court on Monday convicted Congress MLA Savna Lakra and three others for killing a youth who was allegedly in a relationship with Lakra`s niece.
Convicting Savna Lakra, his bodyguard Janak Mahato, driver Gopi Kashyap and his associate Dinesh Lakra in the murder of Avinash Tiwari, District and Sessions Judge S S Kazmi fixed May 15 to pronounce the quantum of sentence.
Avinash`s father had filed an FIR of abduction and murder against the representative of Khijri MLA and three others after the bullet-riddled body was recovered in a forest at Karra in the neighbouring Khunti district on April 27, 2011.
Avinash had on April 24 left home in Garhwa district for Ranchi by inter-city train when he went missing.
Savna, who surrendered to the court on May 24 that year after the court issued a non-bailable warrant in connection with the case, was against the love affair between Avinash and his niece and their decision to enter into wedlock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj