Cop killed in encounter with Maoists in Jharkhand
Giridih (Jharkhand): A policeman was killed in an encounter with the Maoists near Matrukha village of the district, police said here on Tuesday.
The jawan of the district police died after he received bullet injury during the encounter with the rebels last night, Superintendent of Police A V Homkar told reporters here.
A Maoist was arrested after the gunbattle, he said.
The Maoists attacked the police team late night when it went to the village in search of an extremist involved in the jail van attack in which some Maoists were freed on November 9 last year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj