Cop killed in encounter with Maoists in Jharkhand
Giridih (Jharkhand): A policeman was killed in an encounter with the Maoists near Matrukha village of the district, police said here on Tuesday.
The jawan of the district police died after he received bullet injury during the encounter with the rebels last night, Superintendent of Police A V Homkar told reporters here.
A Maoist was arrested after the gunbattle, he said.
The Maoists attacked the police team late night when it went to the village in search of an extremist involved in the jail van attack in which some Maoists were freed on November 9 last year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash