Cop killed in encounter with Maoists in Jharkhand
Giridih (Jharkhand): A policeman was killed in an encounter with the Maoists near Matrukha village of the district, police said here on Tuesday.
The jawan of the district police died after he received bullet injury during the encounter with the rebels last night, Superintendent of Police A V Homkar told reporters here.
A Maoist was arrested after the gunbattle, he said.
The Maoists attacked the police team late night when it went to the village in search of an extremist involved in the jail van attack in which some Maoists were freed on November 9 last year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre