Cop killed in encounter with Maoists in Jharkhand
Giridih (Jharkhand): A policeman was killed in an encounter with the Maoists near Matrukha village of the district, police said here on Tuesday.
The jawan of the district police died after he received bullet injury during the encounter with the rebels last night, Superintendent of Police A V Homkar told reporters here.
A Maoist was arrested after the gunbattle, he said.
The Maoists attacked the police team late night when it went to the village in search of an extremist involved in the jail van attack in which some Maoists were freed on November 9 last year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday