Cop killed in encounter with Maoists in Jharkhand
Giridih (Jharkhand): A policeman was killed in an encounter with the Maoists near Matrukha village of the district, police said here on Tuesday.
The jawan of the district police died after he received bullet injury during the encounter with the rebels last night, Superintendent of Police A V Homkar told reporters here.
A Maoist was arrested after the gunbattle, he said.
The Maoists attacked the police team late night when it went to the village in search of an extremist involved in the jail van attack in which some Maoists were freed on November 9 last year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?