Curfew imposed at Pathalgadha village in Chatra district
Chatra (Jharkhand): Indefinite curfew was on Sunday clamped in Chatra district`s Pathalgadha area, a day after one person was killed and two others were injured in communal clashes during immersion of Saraswati idol.
"Curfew has been imposed from this morning as tension continues following yesterday`s communal violence," SP Anup Birtheray said.
The SP said that one person was killed yesterday in the clash and only after postmortem it can be ascertained whether the victim died in police firing or not.
Clashes broke out during immersion of Saraswati idol last night and police had to open fire to disperse the mob. Two police vans were also set on fire by the mob, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen