Curfew imposed at Pathalgadha village in Chatra district
Chatra (Jharkhand): Indefinite curfew was on Sunday clamped in Chatra district`s Pathalgadha area, a day after one person was killed and two others were injured in communal clashes during immersion of Saraswati idol.
"Curfew has been imposed from this morning as tension continues following yesterday`s communal violence," SP Anup Birtheray said.
The SP said that one person was killed yesterday in the clash and only after postmortem it can be ascertained whether the victim died in police firing or not.
Clashes broke out during immersion of Saraswati idol last night and police had to open fire to disperse the mob. Two police vans were also set on fire by the mob, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living