Curfew imposed at Pathalgadha village in Chatra district
Chatra (Jharkhand): Indefinite curfew was on Sunday clamped in Chatra district`s Pathalgadha area, a day after one person was killed and two others were injured in communal clashes during immersion of Saraswati idol.
"Curfew has been imposed from this morning as tension continues following yesterday`s communal violence," SP Anup Birtheray said.
The SP said that one person was killed yesterday in the clash and only after postmortem it can be ascertained whether the victim died in police firing or not.
Clashes broke out during immersion of Saraswati idol last night and police had to open fire to disperse the mob. Two police vans were also set on fire by the mob, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding