Curfew imposed at Pathalgadha village in Chatra district
Chatra (Jharkhand): Indefinite curfew was on Sunday clamped in Chatra district`s Pathalgadha area, a day after one person was killed and two others were injured in communal clashes during immersion of Saraswati idol.
"Curfew has been imposed from this morning as tension continues following yesterday`s communal violence," SP Anup Birtheray said.
The SP said that one person was killed yesterday in the clash and only after postmortem it can be ascertained whether the victim died in police firing or not.
Clashes broke out during immersion of Saraswati idol last night and police had to open fire to disperse the mob. Two police vans were also set on fire by the mob, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...