Curfew imposed at Pathalgadha village in Chatra district
Chatra (Jharkhand): Indefinite curfew was on Sunday clamped in Chatra district`s Pathalgadha area, a day after one person was killed and two others were injured in communal clashes during immersion of Saraswati idol.
"Curfew has been imposed from this morning as tension continues following yesterday`s communal violence," SP Anup Birtheray said.
The SP said that one person was killed yesterday in the clash and only after postmortem it can be ascertained whether the victim died in police firing or not.
Clashes broke out during immersion of Saraswati idol last night and police had to open fire to disperse the mob. Two police vans were also set on fire by the mob, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB