Dissolve Soren Govt: Marandi
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister
today urged Governor M O H Farooq to dismiss the Shibu
Soren government "as the Chief Minister was not inclined to
enter the assembly by June 30".
"As it is there is no time left for the Chief Minister
to fight a bypoll and enter the assembly. This is the third
time Shibu Soren became the chief minister without being a
member of the house. This is against constitutional norms,"
Marandi who led a party delegation to the Rajbhavan told
Soren, who took oath on December 30, should enter the
house by June 30. There is no vacant assembly seat in the
Heading a delegation of his Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric), Marandi said the 17-day stalemate between the
BJP and the JMM had halted the state`s development work,
"putting the state`s future in jeopardy`.
"At first we want dissolution of the house. After that
we will see," Marandi said when asked whether he had requisite
numbers to claim formation of government.
Meanwhile, the BJP is still to make a formal
announcement on its chief ministerial candidate and the JMM`s
demand for power sharing on 50:50 basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...