Engineering student including three others held for planning to commit dacoity
Zee Media Bureau
Jamshedpur: An engineering student including three other persons were on Saturday arrested while planning to commit dacoity, a senior police officer said.
Acting on a tipoff that some criminals were planning a dacoity in the house of a transporter in Kadma police station area, a special police team made a raid and arrested the three from behind the Gosia Masjid under Azadnagar police station, Senior Superintendent of Police, Amol V Homkar said, PTI reported.
The three arrested were Md Arif Rahman alias STF, Sarfraz Alam alias Babu, who residents of adjoining Seraikela-Kharswan district and Faraz Khan, a resident of Zakirnagar under Azadnagar police station here, he said.
Police recovered a country-made pistol, two live cartridges and a knife from their possession.
Two others Arman Bacha and Vijay Tirkey escaped.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, Amit Kumar, who was present at the press conference, said Faraz was doing an engineering course in Computer Science from Ranchi and recently he had cleared his third semester examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah