Engineering student including three others held for planning to commit dacoity
Zee Media Bureau
Jamshedpur: An engineering student including three other persons were on Saturday arrested while planning to commit dacoity, a senior police officer said.
Acting on a tipoff that some criminals were planning a dacoity in the house of a transporter in Kadma police station area, a special police team made a raid and arrested the three from behind the Gosia Masjid under Azadnagar police station, Senior Superintendent of Police, Amol V Homkar said, PTI reported.
The three arrested were Md Arif Rahman alias STF, Sarfraz Alam alias Babu, who residents of adjoining Seraikela-Kharswan district and Faraz Khan, a resident of Zakirnagar under Azadnagar police station here, he said.
Police recovered a country-made pistol, two live cartridges and a knife from their possession.
Two others Arman Bacha and Vijay Tirkey escaped.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, Amit Kumar, who was present at the press conference, said Faraz was doing an engineering course in Computer Science from Ranchi and recently he had cleared his third semester examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped