Engineering student including three others held for planning to commit dacoity
Zee Media Bureau
Jamshedpur: An engineering student including three other persons were on Saturday arrested while planning to commit dacoity, a senior police officer said.
Acting on a tipoff that some criminals were planning a dacoity in the house of a transporter in Kadma police station area, a special police team made a raid and arrested the three from behind the Gosia Masjid under Azadnagar police station, Senior Superintendent of Police, Amol V Homkar said, PTI reported.
The three arrested were Md Arif Rahman alias STF, Sarfraz Alam alias Babu, who residents of adjoining Seraikela-Kharswan district and Faraz Khan, a resident of Zakirnagar under Azadnagar police station here, he said.
Police recovered a country-made pistol, two live cartridges and a knife from their possession.
Two others Arman Bacha and Vijay Tirkey escaped.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, Amit Kumar, who was present at the press conference, said Faraz was doing an engineering course in Computer Science from Ranchi and recently he had cleared his third semester examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab