Fire in coal conveyor system of Tata Power`s plant
Jamshedpur: A fire broke out in the coal conveyor system of Tata Power’s Jojobera power station here Wednesday morning but did not affect generation or injure anybody.
Company sources said the fire broke out at around 8.45 am in the coal handling plant conveyor and was totally controlled at about 10.15 am. Localized incident of fire that occurred this morning.
Assistance in dousing the fire was provided by Tata Motors, Tata Steel and Lafarge, the sources said in a release.
The blaze did not affect power generation and coal supply to boilers continued through the coal conveyor system.
Investigation is on into the cause of the fire, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest