Fire in coal conveyor system of Tata Power`s plant
Jamshedpur: A fire broke out in the coal conveyor system of Tata Power’s Jojobera power station here Wednesday morning but did not affect generation or injure anybody.
Company sources said the fire broke out at around 8.45 am in the coal handling plant conveyor and was totally controlled at about 10.15 am. Localized incident of fire that occurred this morning.
Assistance in dousing the fire was provided by Tata Motors, Tata Steel and Lafarge, the sources said in a release.
The blaze did not affect power generation and coal supply to boilers continued through the coal conveyor system.
Investigation is on into the cause of the fire, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?