Fire in coal conveyor system of Tata Power`s plant
Jamshedpur: A fire broke out in the coal conveyor system of Tata Power’s Jojobera power station here Wednesday morning but did not affect generation or injure anybody.
Company sources said the fire broke out at around 8.45 am in the coal handling plant conveyor and was totally controlled at about 10.15 am. Localized incident of fire that occurred this morning.
Assistance in dousing the fire was provided by Tata Motors, Tata Steel and Lafarge, the sources said in a release.
The blaze did not affect power generation and coal supply to boilers continued through the coal conveyor system.
Investigation is on into the cause of the fire, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack