Fire in coal conveyor system of Tata Power`s plant
Jamshedpur: A fire broke out in the coal conveyor system of Tata Power’s Jojobera power station here Wednesday morning but did not affect generation or injure anybody.
Company sources said the fire broke out at around 8.45 am in the coal handling plant conveyor and was totally controlled at about 10.15 am. Localized incident of fire that occurred this morning.
Assistance in dousing the fire was provided by Tata Motors, Tata Steel and Lafarge, the sources said in a release.
The blaze did not affect power generation and coal supply to boilers continued through the coal conveyor system.
Investigation is on into the cause of the fire, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'