Help me or kill me: Acid attack victim to govt
Dhanbad: An appalling story of a 27-year-old girl named Sonali Mukherjee, who was severely injured in an acid attack nine years back has come to light.
The dreadful night of April 22, 2003 completely ruined her life. The three assailants, who were reported to be her neighbours had barged into her house and poured acid on her face while she was asleep.
Sonali had alleged that the assailants used to repeatedly tease and harass her and when she opposed them they attacked her with the acid, which left her blind and partially deaf.
With no help from government, Sonali now wants to die and has demanded euthanasia as she cannot afford her medical costs.
Sonali, whose face was completely disfigured after the attack, needs atleast 12-15 lakhs for medical treatment, which her family can’t afford. Nine years of medical treatment has left her family with no money.
The 27-year-old, who is shuttling between Jharkhand and the national capital, approached Minister for Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath for monetary relief, who further has requested help from the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund.
Sonali has been pleading for help from various chief ministers during the nine year period, but no help was provided to her.
Meanwhile, her attackers Tapas Mitra, Sanjay Paswan and Brahmadev Hajra are out in open.
Mitra and Paswan were sentenced to three years in jail and now are out on bail while Hajra was let off for being juvenile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon