Hold early assembly elections in Jharkhand: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday demanded early assembly elections in Jharkhand where the government today recommended imposition of President`s Rule after accepting the Governor`s report.
"We are in favour of elections in Jharkhand. Government should declare elections first," party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The BJP leader held that formation of a government in the present situation was not possible in Jharkhand now and fresh elections should be held there.
Government today decided to recommend to President Pranab Mukherjee imposition of central rule in Jharkhand where Chief Minister Arjun Munda resigned after his government was reduced to a minority following withdrawal of support by JMM.
The Chief Minister had sought dissolution of the assembly after Jharkhand Mukti Morcha withdrew support to his government.
In the assembly, BJP and JMM have 18 members each. The Munda government had the support of six members of All Jharkhand Students` Union, two of JD (U), two independents and one nominated member who has voting right in a trial of strength.
Opposition Congress has a total of 13 members, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha(P)11 and RJD 5 in the assembly. CPI-ML(L), Marxist Coordination Party, Jharkhand Party (Ekka), Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch and Jai Bharat Samta Party have one member each besides an independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter