I-T sets ultimatum to Koda`s aides
Ranchi: With Vinod Kumar Sinha, a close
aide of former Jharkhand Chief minister Madhu Koda, still in
hiding, Income Tax department tonight set a four-day ultimatum
to him to appear before it or face legal action.
Besides Sinha, the ultimatum has also been set for
Sanjay Kumar Choudhary, Devendra Mukhia, Basant Bhattacharya,
Manoj Punamiya and Anil Bastawde, a senior officer said here.
"They have been advised to appear before the office
of Additional Director of Income-Tax (INV), Ranchi on November
6 at 11 am to explain certain transactions and events," he
If they fail to appear, the department would be
constrained to take legal action under various laws, he said.
Koda and his associates are facing charges by the IT
of hawala transactions and illegal investments amounting to
Rs 2000 crore as the department continued its search and
seizure operation under the provisions of Income Tax Act.
Koda is facing questioning by IT sleuths for the last
three days at his residence in Ranchi.
The IT raids began on 70 premises in nine cities
across the country from Saturday. Searches at some places have
concluded while they are continuing in other places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report