JAM demands immediate imposition of Prez rule
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Andolankari Morcha (JAM) Tuesday urged the Centre to impose President`s rule at the earliest, which would help speed up developmental works in the state.
"The Centre should impose President`s rule in Jharkhand without taking any more time, because developmental works are required to speed up," JAM chief Vinod Bhagat said in a statement.
Bhagat, who was a minister of state in the erstwhile Jharkhand Autonomous Council, said, "There is no point in indulging in politics in the name of development, instead, the state`s welfare should be focused upon."
The tenure of the eighth government ended on January 8 with the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha withdrawing support to the BJP-led government.
Subsequently, Arjun Munda had submitted resignation from the post of chief minister after handing over his erstwhile cabinet decision to recommend dissolution of House to Governor Syed Ahmed the same day.
In his second status report, the Governor is learnt to have recommended President`s rule with keeping the state assembly in suspended animation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks