JAM demands immediate imposition of Prez rule
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Andolankari Morcha (JAM) Tuesday urged the Centre to impose President`s rule at the earliest, which would help speed up developmental works in the state.
"The Centre should impose President`s rule in Jharkhand without taking any more time, because developmental works are required to speed up," JAM chief Vinod Bhagat said in a statement.
Bhagat, who was a minister of state in the erstwhile Jharkhand Autonomous Council, said, "There is no point in indulging in politics in the name of development, instead, the state`s welfare should be focused upon."
The tenure of the eighth government ended on January 8 with the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha withdrawing support to the BJP-led government.
Subsequently, Arjun Munda had submitted resignation from the post of chief minister after handing over his erstwhile cabinet decision to recommend dissolution of House to Governor Syed Ahmed the same day.
In his second status report, the Governor is learnt to have recommended President`s rule with keeping the state assembly in suspended animation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'