JAM demands immediate imposition of Prez rule
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Andolankari Morcha (JAM) Tuesday urged the Centre to impose President`s rule at the earliest, which would help speed up developmental works in the state.
"The Centre should impose President`s rule in Jharkhand without taking any more time, because developmental works are required to speed up," JAM chief Vinod Bhagat said in a statement.
Bhagat, who was a minister of state in the erstwhile Jharkhand Autonomous Council, said, "There is no point in indulging in politics in the name of development, instead, the state`s welfare should be focused upon."
The tenure of the eighth government ended on January 8 with the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha withdrawing support to the BJP-led government.
Subsequently, Arjun Munda had submitted resignation from the post of chief minister after handing over his erstwhile cabinet decision to recommend dissolution of House to Governor Syed Ahmed the same day.
In his second status report, the Governor is learnt to have recommended President`s rule with keeping the state assembly in suspended animation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them