JAM demands immediate imposition of Prez rule
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Andolankari Morcha (JAM) Tuesday urged the Centre to impose President`s rule at the earliest, which would help speed up developmental works in the state.
"The Centre should impose President`s rule in Jharkhand without taking any more time, because developmental works are required to speed up," JAM chief Vinod Bhagat said in a statement.
Bhagat, who was a minister of state in the erstwhile Jharkhand Autonomous Council, said, "There is no point in indulging in politics in the name of development, instead, the state`s welfare should be focused upon."
The tenure of the eighth government ended on January 8 with the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha withdrawing support to the BJP-led government.
Subsequently, Arjun Munda had submitted resignation from the post of chief minister after handing over his erstwhile cabinet decision to recommend dissolution of House to Governor Syed Ahmed the same day.
In his second status report, the Governor is learnt to have recommended President`s rule with keeping the state assembly in suspended animation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL