Jharkhand Congress unhappy at not getting Cabinet berth
Ranchi: People of Jharkhand and the state Congress are disappointed for not getting even a single Cabinet berth in the reshuffle on Sunday.
Jharkhand`s lone Cabinet minister and the Congress Lok Sabha member from Ranchi, Subodh Kant Sahai quit as tourism minister Saturday following party president Sonia Gandhi`s directive.
Political experts say Sahai was asked to quit as he had recommended a company for coal block allocation of which his brother Sunil Sahai was director. The company was allocated a coal block in Chhattisgarh.
Speculation was that Jharkhand Congress president and Rajaya Sabha member Pradeep Balmuchu would be given a place in the union cabinet.
Of the 14 Lok sabha seats from Jharkhand, the Congress has only one. Of the six Rajya Sabha seats from the state, the Congress has two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!