Jharkhand Congress unhappy at not getting Cabinet berth
Ranchi: People of Jharkhand and the state Congress are disappointed for not getting even a single Cabinet berth in the reshuffle on Sunday.
Jharkhand`s lone Cabinet minister and the Congress Lok Sabha member from Ranchi, Subodh Kant Sahai quit as tourism minister Saturday following party president Sonia Gandhi`s directive.
Political experts say Sahai was asked to quit as he had recommended a company for coal block allocation of which his brother Sunil Sahai was director. The company was allocated a coal block in Chhattisgarh.
Speculation was that Jharkhand Congress president and Rajaya Sabha member Pradeep Balmuchu would be given a place in the union cabinet.
Of the 14 Lok sabha seats from Jharkhand, the Congress has only one. Of the six Rajya Sabha seats from the state, the Congress has two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months