Jharkhand Congress unhappy at not getting Cabinet berth
Ranchi: People of Jharkhand and the state Congress are disappointed for not getting even a single Cabinet berth in the reshuffle on Sunday.
Jharkhand`s lone Cabinet minister and the Congress Lok Sabha member from Ranchi, Subodh Kant Sahai quit as tourism minister Saturday following party president Sonia Gandhi`s directive.
Political experts say Sahai was asked to quit as he had recommended a company for coal block allocation of which his brother Sunil Sahai was director. The company was allocated a coal block in Chhattisgarh.
Speculation was that Jharkhand Congress president and Rajaya Sabha member Pradeep Balmuchu would be given a place in the union cabinet.
Of the 14 Lok sabha seats from Jharkhand, the Congress has only one. Of the six Rajya Sabha seats from the state, the Congress has two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely