Jharkhand Congress unhappy at not getting Cabinet berth
Ranchi: People of Jharkhand and the state Congress are disappointed for not getting even a single Cabinet berth in the reshuffle on Sunday.
Jharkhand`s lone Cabinet minister and the Congress Lok Sabha member from Ranchi, Subodh Kant Sahai quit as tourism minister Saturday following party president Sonia Gandhi`s directive.
Political experts say Sahai was asked to quit as he had recommended a company for coal block allocation of which his brother Sunil Sahai was director. The company was allocated a coal block in Chhattisgarh.
Speculation was that Jharkhand Congress president and Rajaya Sabha member Pradeep Balmuchu would be given a place in the union cabinet.
Of the 14 Lok sabha seats from Jharkhand, the Congress has only one. Of the six Rajya Sabha seats from the state, the Congress has two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'