Jharkhand Congress unhappy at not getting Cabinet berth
Ranchi: People of Jharkhand and the state Congress are disappointed for not getting even a single Cabinet berth in the reshuffle on Sunday.
Jharkhand`s lone Cabinet minister and the Congress Lok Sabha member from Ranchi, Subodh Kant Sahai quit as tourism minister Saturday following party president Sonia Gandhi`s directive.
Political experts say Sahai was asked to quit as he had recommended a company for coal block allocation of which his brother Sunil Sahai was director. The company was allocated a coal block in Chhattisgarh.
Speculation was that Jharkhand Congress president and Rajaya Sabha member Pradeep Balmuchu would be given a place in the union cabinet.
Of the 14 Lok sabha seats from Jharkhand, the Congress has only one. Of the six Rajya Sabha seats from the state, the Congress has two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown