Jharkhand: Detonators seized from a house in Gumla
Gumla (Jharkhand): Around 40 detonators and
four kg of explosive powder were seized from a house at Sogra
village in Gumla district, the police said on Thursday.
Getting a tip-off, the police last night raided the house
of a former activist of the People?s Liberation Front of
India, Matu Singh, and seized the detonators, 1.5 kg gun
powder, 2.5 kg ammonium nitrate and two country-made pistols
allegedly from his house, Gumla Superintendent of Police Jatin
Narwal told reporters here.
Singh, who after breaking away from the PLFI allegedly
indulged in extortion and faces at least seven cases, was
absconding, he said.
His father and younger brother were detained after the
recovery of explosives from their house, the police officer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets