Jharkhand: Detonators seized from a house in Gumla
Gumla (Jharkhand): Around 40 detonators and
four kg of explosive powder were seized from a house at Sogra
village in Gumla district, the police said on Thursday.
Getting a tip-off, the police last night raided the house
of a former activist of the People?s Liberation Front of
India, Matu Singh, and seized the detonators, 1.5 kg gun
powder, 2.5 kg ammonium nitrate and two country-made pistols
allegedly from his house, Gumla Superintendent of Police Jatin
Narwal told reporters here.
Singh, who after breaking away from the PLFI allegedly
indulged in extortion and faces at least seven cases, was
absconding, he said.
His father and younger brother were detained after the
recovery of explosives from their house, the police officer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch