Jharkhand: Detonators seized from a house in Gumla
Gumla (Jharkhand): Around 40 detonators and
four kg of explosive powder were seized from a house at Sogra
village in Gumla district, the police said on Thursday.
Getting a tip-off, the police last night raided the house
of a former activist of the People?s Liberation Front of
India, Matu Singh, and seized the detonators, 1.5 kg gun
powder, 2.5 kg ammonium nitrate and two country-made pistols
allegedly from his house, Gumla Superintendent of Police Jatin
Narwal told reporters here.
Singh, who after breaking away from the PLFI allegedly
indulged in extortion and faces at least seven cases, was
absconding, he said.
His father and younger brother were detained after the
recovery of explosives from their house, the police officer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH