Jharkhand govt gives prosecution nod to CBI
Ranchi: The Jharkhand government on Thursday
approved the CBI request for prosecution of three government
engineers who were posted in Simdega when the multi-crore
bitumen scam surfaced.
The approval came after the central agency named
former assistant engineer Upendra Kumar Singh, former junior
engineer Umesh Paswan and former junior engineer Rajbali Ram
as accused in RC 21A.2009, an official release said here.
The CBI has charged them under IPC for cheating and
forgery, the release said.
The government also decided to initiate departmental
inquiry against the engineers along with former executive
engineer Laxman Ram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre