Jharkhand govt gives prosecution nod to CBI
Ranchi: The Jharkhand government on Thursday
approved the CBI request for prosecution of three government
engineers who were posted in Simdega when the multi-crore
bitumen scam surfaced.
The approval came after the central agency named
former assistant engineer Upendra Kumar Singh, former junior
engineer Umesh Paswan and former junior engineer Rajbali Ram
as accused in RC 21A.2009, an official release said here.
The CBI has charged them under IPC for cheating and
forgery, the release said.
The government also decided to initiate departmental
inquiry against the engineers along with former executive
engineer Laxman Ram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price