Jharkhand: Landmine mastermind Maoist arrested
Lohardaga: A Maoist, who had
masterminded the May 3 landmine blast that killed 11
policemen, was on Saturday arrested in Lohardaga district of
Jharkhand, the police said here.
"Akshaya, alias Vinod Singh, a sub-zonal commander of
CPI (Maoist), was arrested from a place in the district. He
carried a reward on his head and is wanted in the May 3, 2011,
landmine blast at Dhardharia village when 11 policemen were
killed," Superintendent of Police Jitendra Kumar told
The Maoist cadre is also facing at least 11 other cases,
including arson and extortion, the police officer said,
adding a revolver, a pistol, four bullets and Naxal literature
were recovered from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'