Jharkhand: Landmine mastermind Maoist arrested
Lohardaga: A Maoist, who had
masterminded the May 3 landmine blast that killed 11
policemen, was on Saturday arrested in Lohardaga district of
Jharkhand, the police said here.
"Akshaya, alias Vinod Singh, a sub-zonal commander of
CPI (Maoist), was arrested from a place in the district. He
carried a reward on his head and is wanted in the May 3, 2011,
landmine blast at Dhardharia village when 11 policemen were
killed," Superintendent of Police Jitendra Kumar told
The Maoist cadre is also facing at least 11 other cases,
including arson and extortion, the police officer said,
adding a revolver, a pistol, four bullets and Naxal literature
were recovered from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what