Jharkhand: Landmine mastermind Maoist arrested
Lohardaga: A Maoist, who had
masterminded the May 3 landmine blast that killed 11
policemen, was on Saturday arrested in Lohardaga district of
Jharkhand, the police said here.
"Akshaya, alias Vinod Singh, a sub-zonal commander of
CPI (Maoist), was arrested from a place in the district. He
carried a reward on his head and is wanted in the May 3, 2011,
landmine blast at Dhardharia village when 11 policemen were
killed," Superintendent of Police Jitendra Kumar told
The Maoist cadre is also facing at least 11 other cases,
including arson and extortion, the police officer said,
adding a revolver, a pistol, four bullets and Naxal literature
were recovered from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security