Jharkhand: Landmine mastermind Maoist arrested
Lohardaga: A Maoist, who had
masterminded the May 3 landmine blast that killed 11
policemen, was on Saturday arrested in Lohardaga district of
Jharkhand, the police said here.
"Akshaya, alias Vinod Singh, a sub-zonal commander of
CPI (Maoist), was arrested from a place in the district. He
carried a reward on his head and is wanted in the May 3, 2011,
landmine blast at Dhardharia village when 11 policemen were
killed," Superintendent of Police Jitendra Kumar told
The Maoist cadre is also facing at least 11 other cases,
including arson and extortion, the police officer said,
adding a revolver, a pistol, four bullets and Naxal literature
were recovered from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!