Jharkhand: Police officer suspended for failure to control crime
Hazaribagh: Officer-in-charge of Hazaribagh sadar police station S Abhash Kumar was on Monday suspended because of a spurt in the crime during the last three months, Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj said today.
He has failed to detect crimes even as the crime graph increased under his police station, Kamboj told reporters here.
Several incidents like looting of cash from a Forest Range Officer and an executive of a telephone company, bike-lifting and other incidents took place and not a single case was detected nor cash was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof