Jharkhand special status: BJP calls one day economic blockade on March 7
Jamshedpur: The BJP has called a day-long state-wide economic blockade on Friday to press for the demand of special status to Jharkhand.
"We will prevent the transportation of minerals from the state during the blockade, when all commercial vehicles as well as goods trains would be brought to a grinding halt," BJP former Jharkhand unit president Dineshanand Goswami said.
Goswami claimed that BJP`s long-standing demand for the special status remained unheard so far, leaving the party with no option but to take this path.
The BJP leader claimed that former Chief Minister Arjun Munda was the first person who raise the issue at the National Development Council meeting held in Delhi in October 2011 and also take it up with the Planning Commission.
The call for the economic blockade was given after AJSU Party and Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) observed a Jharkhand bandh for a similar cause on Sunday last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra