Jharkhand Vikas Morcha withdraws support from UPA
New Delhi: The two Lok Sabha MPs of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha on Saturday formally withdrew support from the UPA government slamming it for anti-people decisions like FDI in multi brand retail, price spiral and "creating a record in corruption".
A delegation of JVM MPs and seniors leaders led by party chief Babulal Marandi met President Pranab Mukherjee and submitted a letter withdrawing support from the government.
Marandi was accompanied by another party MP Ajay Kumar, and leaders Pradip Yadav, Gautam Sagar Rana, Rajiv Ranjan Prasad and others.
In the letter, Marandi said that the JVM had extended unconditional support to UPA government led by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in 2009 on the plank of secularism and with the hope that this government will fulfil people’s aspirations.
He said that he was also hopeful that the government will try to bring Jharkhand in the category of developed states by giving special attention to it. Congress and JVM had fought the last general elections together in an alliance.
"On the contrary, the government of Manmohan Singh has put unbearable burden on common people with one after another anti-people decision like bringing FDI in multibrand retail and massive increase in price of diesel and cooking gas.”
"Similarly the government is establishing a record in corruption with one after another scam like 2G spectrum, CWG, and coal block allocations taking place. JVM (P) withdraws support from Manmohan Singh government in these situations," Marandi said.
Talking to a news agency, he said that his party will maintain equidistance from both BJP and Congress as "both have only looted Jharkhand". Marandi ruled out the possibility of his return to BJP saying "question does not arise".
The JVM (P) chief said that his party will go alone in Jharkhand but "will support if any Third Front shapes up at the central level after 2014 general elections".
Marandi had announced withdrawal of support to UPA government last month itself soon after the government introduced FDI in multi-brand retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura