Kishenji`s close aide arrested in Ranchi
Ranchi: A Maoist, said to be a close aide of slain rebel leader Kishenji, has been arrested here, police said on Monday.
Ramdas Ganju alias Nandu is a close aide of Kishenji. He is also a member of the Bihar-Jharkhand-Odisha-Chhatisgarh special regional Committee," Senior Superintendent of Police Saket Kumar Singh said.
On a tip off, Ramdas alias Nandu was arrested from the Ranchi Railway Station when he was heading towards Lohardaga.
Ramdas, who hails from Bihar’s Banka district, is a member of Bihar-Jharkhand-Odisha-Chhatisgarh regional committee and was close to Kishenji since 2008, they said.
The police expect vital information on Maoist activities from him.
Kishenji was killed in an encounter during joint operations by the CRPF, CoBRA personnel and police in Burisole jungle in West Midnapore district in West Bengal on November 24 last year.
A woman Maoist leader, Suchitra Mahato, who was with Kishenji escaped. She surrendered before West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at the state secretariat on March 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi