Koda back in jail after attending ailing mother
Ranchi: Abiding by the Jharkhand High Court directive, former Chief Minister Madhu Koda on Friday surrendered to a lower court on the completion of his week-long provisional bail granted to attend his ailing mother.
Granting the provisional bail, the high court had on May 14 directed the multi-crore scam accused to surrender to a lower court on the eighth day from his release from judicial custody.
"Now his mother is stable," Koda`s counsel Biswajit Mukherjee said.
Koda was arrested on November 30, 2009 in connection with multi-crore money laundering, illegal investments and other scams, has got bail in all other cases except in the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!