Koda back in jail after attending ailing mother
Ranchi: Abiding by the Jharkhand High Court directive, former Chief Minister Madhu Koda on Friday surrendered to a lower court on the completion of his week-long provisional bail granted to attend his ailing mother.
Granting the provisional bail, the high court had on May 14 directed the multi-crore scam accused to surrender to a lower court on the eighth day from his release from judicial custody.
"Now his mother is stable," Koda`s counsel Biswajit Mukherjee said.
Koda was arrested on November 30, 2009 in connection with multi-crore money laundering, illegal investments and other scams, has got bail in all other cases except in the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS