Koda back in jail after attending ailing mother
Ranchi: Abiding by the Jharkhand High Court directive, former Chief Minister Madhu Koda on Friday surrendered to a lower court on the completion of his week-long provisional bail granted to attend his ailing mother.
Granting the provisional bail, the high court had on May 14 directed the multi-crore scam accused to surrender to a lower court on the eighth day from his release from judicial custody.
"Now his mother is stable," Koda`s counsel Biswajit Mukherjee said.
Koda was arrested on November 30, 2009 in connection with multi-crore money laundering, illegal investments and other scams, has got bail in all other cases except in the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!