Koda back in jail after attending ailing mother
Ranchi: Abiding by the Jharkhand High Court directive, former Chief Minister Madhu Koda on Friday surrendered to a lower court on the completion of his week-long provisional bail granted to attend his ailing mother.
Granting the provisional bail, the high court had on May 14 directed the multi-crore scam accused to surrender to a lower court on the eighth day from his release from judicial custody.
"Now his mother is stable," Koda`s counsel Biswajit Mukherjee said.
Koda was arrested on November 30, 2009 in connection with multi-crore money laundering, illegal investments and other scams, has got bail in all other cases except in the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi