Koda to be questioned by I-T officials in Ranchi
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister
Madhu Koda, who has been discharged from a city hospital,
will be questioned by the Income Tax Department at his
residence here in connection with the Rs 2,000 crore hawala
I-T sources said officials from the department will
question Koda at his residence.
The sources said the Enforcement Directorate has been
communicated about the I-T department`s move to question Koda
and that they would be closely following the questioning.
Koda was discharged from a private hospital Sunday morning after he got himself admitted there on November 3
complaining of stomach ache.
Sources in the ED, however, refused to say whether
Koda will be arrested but acknowledged the I-T department`s
"Koda would be questioned about the documents that
have been recovered during the searches," I-T sources said.
The department has also asked its officers in Ranchi
to bring the list of seizures and the records of statements of
his associates, to be put across to Koda during questioning.
Koda and several of his associates are facing charges
of money laundering and illegal investments to the tune of
over Rs 2,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal