Koda to be questioned by I-T officials in Ranchi
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister
Madhu Koda, who has been discharged from a city hospital,
will be questioned by the Income Tax Department at his
residence here in connection with the Rs 2,000 crore hawala
I-T sources said officials from the department will
question Koda at his residence.
The sources said the Enforcement Directorate has been
communicated about the I-T department`s move to question Koda
and that they would be closely following the questioning.
Koda was discharged from a private hospital Sunday morning after he got himself admitted there on November 3
complaining of stomach ache.
Sources in the ED, however, refused to say whether
Koda will be arrested but acknowledged the I-T department`s
"Koda would be questioned about the documents that
have been recovered during the searches," I-T sources said.
The department has also asked its officers in Ranchi
to bring the list of seizures and the records of statements of
his associates, to be put across to Koda during questioning.
Koda and several of his associates are facing charges
of money laundering and illegal investments to the tune of
over Rs 2,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers