Koda to be questioned by I-T officials in Ranchi
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister
Madhu Koda, who has been discharged from a city hospital,
will be questioned by the Income Tax Department at his
residence here in connection with the Rs 2,000 crore hawala
I-T sources said officials from the department will
question Koda at his residence.
The sources said the Enforcement Directorate has been
communicated about the I-T department`s move to question Koda
and that they would be closely following the questioning.
Koda was discharged from a private hospital Sunday morning after he got himself admitted there on November 3
complaining of stomach ache.
Sources in the ED, however, refused to say whether
Koda will be arrested but acknowledged the I-T department`s
"Koda would be questioned about the documents that
have been recovered during the searches," I-T sources said.
The department has also asked its officers in Ranchi
to bring the list of seizures and the records of statements of
his associates, to be put across to Koda during questioning.
Koda and several of his associates are facing charges
of money laundering and illegal investments to the tune of
over Rs 2,000 crore.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!