Koda to be questioned by I-T officials in Ranchi
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister
Madhu Koda, who has been discharged from a city hospital,
will be questioned by the Income Tax Department at his
residence here in connection with the Rs 2,000 crore hawala
I-T sources said officials from the department will
question Koda at his residence.
The sources said the Enforcement Directorate has been
communicated about the I-T department`s move to question Koda
and that they would be closely following the questioning.
Koda was discharged from a private hospital Sunday morning after he got himself admitted there on November 3
complaining of stomach ache.
Sources in the ED, however, refused to say whether
Koda will be arrested but acknowledged the I-T department`s
"Koda would be questioned about the documents that
have been recovered during the searches," I-T sources said.
The department has also asked its officers in Ranchi
to bring the list of seizures and the records of statements of
his associates, to be put across to Koda during questioning.
Koda and several of his associates are facing charges
of money laundering and illegal investments to the tune of
over Rs 2,000 crore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living