Lobin Hembram inducted in Jharkhand Cabinet
Ranchi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA Lobin Hembram was on Tuesday sworn in as the 12th minister of the Hemant Soren government.
Hembram was inducted as a minister to fill in the vacancy created after the dismissal of Simon Marandi by the Chief Minister in the first week of May.
The Chief Minister is yet to announce his portfolio.
Governor Syed Ahmed administered the oath to Hembram at the Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Assembly Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta, JMM chief Shibu Soren and some cabinet ministers were present at the occasion.
Jharkhand can have a maximum of 12 ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report