Lobin Hembram inducted in Jharkhand Cabinet
Ranchi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA Lobin Hembram was on Tuesday sworn in as the 12th minister of the Hemant Soren government.
Hembram was inducted as a minister to fill in the vacancy created after the dismissal of Simon Marandi by the Chief Minister in the first week of May.
The Chief Minister is yet to announce his portfolio.
Governor Syed Ahmed administered the oath to Hembram at the Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Assembly Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta, JMM chief Shibu Soren and some cabinet ministers were present at the occasion.
Jharkhand can have a maximum of 12 ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Calls from Dawood Ibrahim's house: ATS to probe charges against Eknath Khadse
- Obama looks to Hiroshima visit; Abe won't go to Pearl Harbor
- India emerges as 5th largest producer of e-waste in world, says study
- Arun Shourie's comments against Narendra Modi based on personal reasons: Arun Jaitley
- AFSPA should stay till police trained to contain insurgency: RSS